_________________________________________________________________________________


-- towards a consecrated life

_________________________

Friday, March 06, 2009

this transforming holocaust is nothing else than the individual application of the sacrificial exaltation of Christ

THOU: Why does the mind forget what it wants to remember? Why does trauma speak to the memory so vividly?

A consecrated virginity is the victim offering of the soul who asks to be received and assumed, entire and living, into your infinite unity. It is the holocaust return of the center of my being to the source of my existence. My body joined to your body, my wounds closed within your wounds, my heart consumed by your heart, my thirst razed within your thirst--like water in water. This is a terrifying and awesome thing, Lord. To touch you, to touch your sacrifice through my sacrifice. To be held whole (which is your gift) within your wounded side so that my body might live, sanctified, set aside, re-membered, for your purposes, and within your love, far beyond the merely human and profane. No wonder the world looks away, Lord. No wonder I don't understand it. Help me to fix my gaze on your incarnation; my God, help me to remember what I see.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. To God who is, who was, and who is to come, now and forever.

Amen.

...

No comments:

history

____________________________________________________________________________

Meditation begun in mourning.