_________________________________________________________________________________


-- towards a consecrated life

_________________________

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

a word will never be able to comprehend the voice that utters it

THOU: Morning light, sun, the trees are still. The train crosses and wails nearby. I am saying: Lord I don't know what a vow is. Maybe I am too young for it. Maybe you weren't the one to put it into my head. I never feel too certain about what you think I must do. It is easy to mistake my own desires for yours, which is what I mostly do all day. But this morning I feel certain you want the effort to come from me, even if the effort falls through. I said: Lord, if Fr calls me at all I will take up my vow. And I knew I was testing you. I said: Lord, I cannot call him, I am afraid. And I knew I was testing myself. Last night I said: okay Lord, I will call him, and if he picks up we will talk, but I cannot leave a message. And I knew I was testing Fr. So, at last, having bargained through every possible angle, and knowing all along you would wait me out, I left a message. We will see now if Fr can make sense of what I said. And we will see if he is available and still willing to act as your witness. I am saying: Lord I have done it. I am offering my word. Accept it with your own Word if you will.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. To God who is, who was, and who is to come, now and forever.

Amen.

...

No comments:

history

____________________________________________________________________________

Meditation begun in mourning.